Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. It helps a lot to hear from you all. I don't remember being this homesick when we moved to Chicago...but Ben assures me it was every bit as hard. But I still think the difference in miles make it that much more obvious.
This weekend was lovely. We climbed the Carfax Tower (a brave venture on Ben's part), then took a bus-top tour of the City. We saw the building where pennisillun was discovered, where it was first used, the Rhodes College where Bill Clinton went to school. Also, the places where Kenneth Grahame wrote the The Wind and the Willows, where Dudley Moore and Tony Blair went to college. Then we headed off to the Science Museum where we saw load of interesting things, along with a chalk board with an equation Einstein wrote still on it! And that was just Saturday!
Sunday, we went walking in the University Parks and then did a bit of shopping before coming home and having dinner. The nights here are amusing, if we keep the windows open you can hear the pub-goers on their way home singing, cheering, and laughing long into the night.
We are hoping- once our cash is a little more accessible- to go to Eagle & Child, a pub where JRR Tolkien would go with friends to discuss his ideas for The Lord of the Rings. I know Ben is looking forward to that.
I'll be posting up some pictures here soon, maybe even a walk through video tour of our flat!
Our pictures are being hosted at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/amypvaughan
Sorry for all the links...one more to add to your Favorites!
Stay tuned. Miss you, love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That chalkboard is awesome!!!
I absolutely love the pictures of University Park, I bet it is so pretty there now that the leaves are changing.
Aww, I wish i was there with you guys, watching Doctor Who, Torchwood, all that fun stuff!!
Miss you lots!
-Heath
:)
Post a Comment