This past Saturday there was a fund raiser event and a live 5-a-side table football match outside the cafe in the Gloucester Green square. They basically set up a live foozeball table, strapped us in to play. There were a few local businesses with teams, and radio stations.One team canceled at the last minute, so I volunteered and Sam (our newest newbie at Combibos) was suckered into joining the ad-hoc team 'Mixed Bag'. If by some amazing chance we won, we'd get £500! Money or no, it looked like fun!
We played four games, winning 2, losing 2. In the end the Thames Valley policeman's team won. It was a lot of fun...but boy have I been sore all day. Football on pavement is hard enough but being yanked around and restricted by a strap while playing is abusive!
Also in attendance to the event was Sven-Göran Eriksson, the ex-footballer and England team Manager! I made him coffee and he complemented me on my football skills! How 'bout that?(too bad he was just a look-alike and not the real Sven-Göran Eriksson)

No comments:
Post a Comment