Last weekend I took part in my first ever 10K run (the Oxford Town and Gown)! I've been jogging on my own for some time now and am becoming ever more fond of the sport. So, about three months ago I looked up a training schedule online (Couch to 10K) and just started following it.Training was sometimes hard to stick to. Late nights out, early mornings, busy days. But I stuck to it as best I could and when May 17th came around, I had no choice. I signed up- I was going to run.
Ben and our friend Christy came out to support me. Hugh (another co-worker/friend) and his brother were running the race as well.I just pored the entire first half. Annoying, but refreshing!
In my training, I'd planned/hoped to finish in an hour or under. And I did!
Only just....
my official time was 58:12, literally just under the hour mark. At the time of the race, I swore I'd never do it again...but now that it is done. I think I certainly would.
Thanks to everyone for your support!

1 comment:
That was awesome that you set out to do something such as this run and accomplished it. What's even better was that you succeeded at the time frame that you had set yourself but better. Congrats on a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment