
Monday, 30 July
Ben gave his defense presentation to a sell-out crowd (ha ha). After a successful presentation and Q&A session everyone stayed around for bagels and champagne. Ben's parents were in attendance and helped us get the last of his office cleaned out.
Tuesday, 31 July
We finished packing up in the early morning with little room to spare. In fact, we saved a little space selling our TV to our downstairs neighbor. She had a field day with what was left over, I am glad someone did. I still feel like we should have gotten rid of more.
We were making good time heading south of the city when the moving trailer blew a tire on 94. Luckily, U-Haul had someone out there within 45 minutes and we were on our way. Other than that the trip went well. Ben and I were really happy with how well the cats took the trip and all. That was one of our bigger concerns. But they are managing well.
Thanks to everyone for all your support and help these last couple of weeks. We MISS all of you back in ol'Chi-town!

No comments:
Post a Comment