Friday, July 11, 2008

Rain

Often the first question people ask when they learn we are living in England is, "Don't you get tired of the rain?" Honestly, up till about now (the first week in July) we've not seen much. It may drizzle now and again but nothing to complain about but the last few days it has been pouring!

The good thing is that it gives me the chance to stay in and write...since I have neglected to do so for some time....

As for what is new with us, well work is work (as always, right?). I did just create a new logo for the cafe! Whoo hoo! We've got new t-shirts on the way.

The first one is the new logo, the second (with the big bean) is the back of our t-shirts with the quote, "great coffee takes time. take time for great coffee". Written by yours truly, it really sums up what we're about. The logo will eventually go on all the mugs and saucers but it will take some time for that.






And riding that creative wave I also created a t-shirt for one of my favorite regulars' birthday. Denis just turned 76. From what I understand he lost his wife (to cancer) and his son (in a car accident) in the same month 30 some-odd years ago. He is always reading, mostly poetry and things on Buddhism and Zen. So in researching symbols of Zen I stumbled upon the Enso, which symbolizes enlightenment, strength , and elegance. So I gave it a little twist for our Coffee Zen Master Denis. He is such a kind and gentle guy. Almost every morning he comes in for his coffee and veggie breakfast. After I gave him the t-shirt and card (from all of us) he even got a little teary! How can you not love Den?

And in the latest, of the latest in our news- we are MOVING! Yes, it's goodbye good'ol Walton Street and hello Iffley Road. It will be a very different experience in deed. First of all, we will be 2 miles outside the city centre- but we will be in a very diverse and lively part of town. And the thing I am looking forward to most is a BACKYARD! 10 years without one has been torture! If you know me, you know I love to be outside and their is nothing like having a bit of the great outdoors all to yourself. We move the first week in August (just after our 7 year wedding anniversary!).

I'll be sure to keep you posted on the move and give you lots of details as we explore our new neighborhood (if I can tear myself away from the backyard)- all part of the experience of living here! Fun, fun, fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genius! I love the slogan and logo.