It couldn't have felt or looked more like the 1st of October if it had tried. Overhead the leaves were standing vivid against the bright blue sky and underfoot they rustle crisply. As the breeze blew in it had a wintry aroma. Even without the commercial reminder of Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving the weather was there to remind me they aren't far off. So after a nice after dinner walk I am sitting with some homemade hot apple cider and feeling in the spirit of things.
Although we are going to miss another Halloween and Thanksgiving back home- I can look forward to December. December 14th in particular! We bought our tickets yesterday! A direct flight right in to Cincinnati. I am already counting down the days. It has been a whole year since we have been home and at times it feels like an eternity-other times it seems like we got here yesterday. Either way I can say I have never been so homesick. We will be home December 12 - through January 12 (A WHOLE MONTH!). So get ready kids!
Things here have been good, after a full year of living abroad, we have managed to acquired some routine. Day in and day out, our time here is going more quickly and we are still enjoying it. Ben has started looking for his next job. As to where that will take us is unknown- we are mostly looking on the East Coast (close to Cinci or Chicago). But you never know...Oh! The Thrilling Life of an Academic's Wife!
Now- time to show some love (pardon my mushiness)...
I'm not sure if my wonderful Uncle Rick ever gets the chance to read this blog (you'll be getting something in the mail either way), but if you do I owe you a great big THANK YOU and all the world should know! Ben's Uncle Bobby passed away not two weeks ago. He wasn't too well off and they were going to have some trouble getting someone to do the funeral service, so they asked my Uncle Rick (the best Minister in the whole wide world) if he could do it and he DID and didn't ask for a thing in return. His (and my Aunt Vicki's) generosity never fails to amaze and inspire me. Thanks you guys, really, you'll never know how honored and blessed we are to have you in our life.
We'll miss you Uncle Bobby.
Kelly and Chris, hang in there. We love you and are keeping you in our thoughts.
Mom, remember I love you and am always with you- no matter how many miles are between us.
Mani and Bear I CANNOT wait for all three of us to be together again! I feel a group hug coming on.
Dad, stop working so damn much and answer the phone! :) Love you.
And look out my Chicago friends- I am hoping to come up and spend a weekend in my kind of town! With my kind of people! Love you guys!
I'll be posting up some random pictures, when I get the chance, of my little pony and well other random things...hope everyone is well. You are all in our thoughts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment