Domestic revelries aside, you might have noticed some of the new pictures I've posted on the Picasaweb web site. Ben took me on a day-trip to Bath to visit the ancient Roman spas, see some architecture, and the old haunts of Jane Austen. It was a beautiful setting, I can see how and why Jane used it for a setting in some of her books. But the Roman baths were my favorite.We have four short months left here, that I am sure are going to fly by, and so many places left to visit! Our main goal is to get to the coast. Whether it be Brighton, St. Ives, Bournemouth, or Portsmouth...the list is long! But we've got to try.
Things with work have been good. My coworkers are more like family anymore and we're a great help in our move and with helping me celebrate my recent birthday (got pictures of that too). We're still working on a new breakfast menu. And I am still design lots for them. Our cute little loyalty cards will be out soon. As well as some travel mugs for people to buy!
Ben is still searching for his next post-doc. There have been a lot of ups and downs- which is to be expected with the current economy I guess. Not too sure how ready I am to get back to that.
As for news of family and friends back home. I want to wish Kelly and Chris good luck in their move into their first new house together this month! I'll be around to help paint soon! Diane, we are thinking of you everyday and know that with all the right treatment, help from the doctors, and support from friends and family you'll be in the clear soon.We only wish we could be there to help. Tony (my brother) and Lisa, congrats on the news that we're going to have another little nephew! And good luck on your move into your house as well! We're thinking of you and miss you ALL!
Amy & Ben

No comments:
Post a Comment