Eek. Has it really been 4 months!? If you are wondering where the time has gone (as I am) I can tell you the month of December was spent at home having a lovely Christmas and New Years. It was wonderful to see everyone and have so much time to be back home, after a whole year spent away.As for all the months before and after....well Ben has been continuing his research and has been applying for tenure-track and Post-Doc positions. We have yet to hear from any of them. But well be letting everyone know if/when we hear anything. He has also been grading for a few classes and working on about four papers he is looking at publishing soon.
I have been busy as ever at cafe. In November, they made me a Supervisor. We've had lots of new people coming in to train and old to say good-bye to. The t-shirts with the logo I created are being worn by all the staff. We'll soon have one to sell to customers as well. (Maybe even some travel mugs.) If you've read the blog before, you'll know that we started a weekly Open Mic Night at the shop. The host, Francie Jones, has taken me and Sam on as quasi-managers. I've been working on a album cover design and posters for her gigs. As well as being an Open Mic groupie at other places with her, Christy and Laila (our other two talent performers from Combibos.) And if that wern't enough...I've been working on a new menu design for the drinks board and helping with the upcoming new breakfast/lunch menu! And- despite the recession...we're just as busy as ever.
Watch/listen to some Francie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn4f9xqaS9w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1DksOzpo3U
http://www.myspace.com/franciejones
Business aside, believe it or not we have been enjoying ourselves. The friends we have made here are wonderful and we do feel so lucky to get to know them all more.
We are looking forward to warmer weather, as many of us are, I am sure. And getting in some more trips before we return home in July. We are planning a trip to Rome (fingers-crossed), as well as to Ireland, and Scotland. Not to mention we've got loads of places in Enlgand to visit!!!!!
We'll that's about as breif as I can make it. Hope everyone is well and happy. I will TRY harder to keep you all posted a little more often.
As usual, there are new pictures for everyone to look at on Picasaweb...no matter how busy, I can never put the camera down.
In the words of my adorable nephew, Ian...PEACE OUT!

2 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well down in good ol' U.K.! Seems to be that aside from being a Supervisor you can also be called the Brand Advisor!
Luis, you are a genius! That is so going on my resume! :)
Post a Comment