This week has felt like the longest week since we have arrived
by far!Mostly likely due to my starting work at Combibos Coffee, the cafe I mentioned in my last posting. I just started Monday and I already feel like I have known my co-workers forever. Making coffee all day is actually a lot of fun. I never knew how much went into making it, from grinding it properly, to pouring a shot (within the 19-25 second time frame), to steaming milk, and my own personal demon...pouring properly. No joke, there is a difference in pouring a latte and a cappuccino. The science of it all is fascinating. The cafe itself gives fantastic service, something you don't find much of here and the regulars are just as fun as the co-workers- if you can't tell I am enjoying myself.
Also, last night was our first 'Curry Night' dinner! One of the girls I work with, Laylia, her dad is from Bangladesh (and a brain surgeon) and cooked all day long for half the staff of Combibos. For those who aren't too hip on curry CLICK HERE and educate yourself on it! I guess you could say Indian food here is what Mexican food is back home. Even with our own little inventions, like Taco Bell's Gordita (not authentic Mexian), a Tikka Marsala is not authentic South Asian cuisine. It was a lot of fun!This morning I took Ben over to the cafe to get Ben some birthday pancakes (to counteract that curry from last night). Then we went and walked around Oxford Christmas shopping (Ben is getting anxious) and then I took him shopping for his birthday. Are you getting hungry yet too? All this food talk.
An Explaination of Eoin

Lastly, to address something my sister asked me a few weeks ago...
"What's with the sheep?"
When I was about 2 or 3 I had a stuffed sheep with a little wind-up bum that played music. It is the first toy I remember having and my favourite. Right before we left for England, Mom and I were at the Hallmark store when we saw him. Mom bought him for me to take on the trip-yes, even at 26 I still like to have a security blanket (just in sheepy form). And since I think of her every time hug him, he has been with us in all our travels (and pictures) just to let her know we are always thinking of her. Here is Eoin at home having cream crackers and Gloucester Red cheese. Miss you Mom!
Miss you all! And Happy Birthday to Ben!
*No new pictures this week. Take a look at some of the old ones again...I'll see if I can't take some new ones for you all next week.

1 comment:
Even though I never met your husband Ben. I do wish him a Happy Birthday! I'm glad your enjoying you coffee shop employment. I was going to say work but when you have fun doing it you can't call it work, lol!
Post a Comment